Wednesday, February 18, 2009

There Is A Way by Gary R. Ferris

There is a Way by Gary R. Ferris


There is a way,

Which seems right unto man;

But the end there of,

Will kill if it can.
*****

You seek and strive,

To realize your dreams;

Rising up early,

Will bring wealth it seems.
*****

The first one there,

And last to leave;

Hard work brings prosperity,

Is what you believe.
*****

You outshine them all,

As you climb to the top;

The late nights and dedication,

Never seem to stop.
*****

Cars, clothes, and goods,

And all you desire;

Keep filling your house,

As you begin to tire.
*****

All that you’ve gained,

Now controls you;

You can’t quit now,

Until you fill the shoe.
*****

People you loved,

Seem distant away;

Too blind to see,

By the game that you play.
*****

Those who helped you,

Get where you are;

You no longer notice,

The size of their scar.
*****

All in one day,

It seems to go away;

All that you loved,

When you started your way.
*****

Haven’t I done right,

By seeking my goals?

Why is all crumbling,

And my heart like coal.
*****

I sought things,

And pushed people aside;

Blind to their cares,

Of myself to abide.
*****

I feel betrayed,

By all that I’ve done;

By all the hard work,

Under the sun.
*****

How could I fail,

I thought I was right?

All of these things,

Keep me from sleep at night.
*****

There is a way,

Which seems right unto man;

But the end there of,

Will kill if it can.
*****

Written 01-17-04

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your interest in my work. Thank you friend
Gary Ferris Jr